Sat, May 18|
Royal Rabbit Vineyards
The Royal Rabbit
Time & Location
May 18, 2024, 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Royal Rabbit Vineyards, 1090 Jordan Sawmill Rd, Parkton, MD 21120, USA
About The Event
Come my Lords and Ladies to northern Maryland and make merry at beautiful Royal Rabbit Vineyards and be transported to a Semik (Green Week) Celebration in the time of Olga of Kiev, when Kiev was a key city in the far flung Kiev Rus Empire.
In Addition to feats of great fighting prowess in armored combat and other demonstrations. There will be chances for you to participate in this ancient festival still celebrated today. There will be singing and laughter and wine, yes lots of delicious wine.
Cool off in our misting pavilion. Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy a day in another time!
Activities (more to come)
- Tournament Armored Combat)
- Costume Contest
- Tavern Song Contest
- A variety of Demos
- Garland making & hanging on birch trees (optional donation to World Central Kitchen for Ukraine)
- Pour wine on the Birch trees for luck (optional donation to World Central Kitchen Ukraine)
- Put Flowers in your hair and Join the Processions by Walking with the Gaika (a birch or evergreen stick or wreath with ribbons attached for the processors) done to herald in spring.
- Kostroma is a fertility Goddess whose effigy will burned to insure fertility of the soil.
Registration closes May 18, 2024, 6:00 PM