FOOD AND BEVERAGE IN THE MIDDLE AGES
CLOTHES IN THE MIDDLE AGES
1) What are some of the different types of fabric they used? (like linen, wool, etc)
cotton - First cultivated around 3000 BC. Commonly used for more temperate climates areas like southern Europe.
Leather was used for belts and shoes, armour and heavy aprons
2) How did they make such fabric materials
3) What were the different colors they could make and,
4) How did they make those different colors and dyes
5) Who would be the kind of people who would make that stuff
6) Could i get a list of some garment names with quick descriptions? Like "Coif" and what it is
Tunic - a common upper body garment. A highly vertitle and varied design thought the years and fitting for most everyday use. Tunics commonly are about mid-thigh in length with sleeves that stop before the elbow. However Tunics can also be found at just about any length for both body and sleeve. There is also different types of tunics such as the under tunic, which when paired with an outer garment makes for a layered look.
Various articles of medieval clothing
7) Can i also get some names of some of hte kinds of tools ppl would work with back then with sewing?